Firefox vs. IE7 beta 2
This is something that I don't do often, a straight up op-ed post.
As you all know, Microsoft is readying its new version of its bloated piece of software, Internet Explorer. I have seen the beta and have perused its features. This is what I have come up with:
- It has stolen Firefox's RSS feed icon (showing Microsoft's "if you can't beat 'em, steal their ideas" philosophy.
- It still is as bloated as ever.
- Firefox remains lean in its 1.5 release.
- IE will never be extensible (which is why no matter what Microsoft does, Firefox will always be better).
- IE will just keep gaining features that I don't need.
- Firefox still looks nicer.
- Firefox's interface is easy, but not toddler-like, as Internet Explorer is becoming.
- Firefox is cross-platform.
- Last time I checked, IE is not open-source (which means that you will never be able to do anything cool with it, like PortableFirefox).